Benefits & Staging Tips
Benefits of staging
Buyers take 90 seconds to decide if they're interested in a property. On average, home buyers visit over 20 properties before making an offer.
Don't leave anything to chance. Staging perfects your property's presentation, enabling a positive first impression that can sell your property faster and for more money.
Top 10 reasons to stage
- Sell for more money
- Sell faster
- Price reduction tends to cost more than staging
- Stand out from the competition
- Worn furnishings make properties seem out-dated
- Enhance online marketing materials
- Helps appraise at higher value
- Helps buyers envision their new home
- A first impression is a lasting impression
- In today's market, you can't afford not to stage!
De-Clutter! Clutter eats equity.
- Your important papers
- Refrigerator magnets
- Video games
- Remote controls
- Magazines and newspapers
- Kleenex boxes
- Cleaning supplies
- Objects of religious affiliation
- Half-alive plants
- Remove all family photos, diplomas, and personal items. You don’t want the potential buyer to feel like they are in someone else’s space. You want them to feel at home and think of the space as potentially theirs.
- Eliminate outdated furnishings. They make a home seem older than it is.
- Ensure furnishings are the proper size and proportion, giving buyers the best sense of size and space.
- Clean, Clean, Clean! Then clean again. Hire someone to clean it. A dirty house appears like it hasn’t been taken care of. Clean windows.
- Make sure all lights work. Replace fixture bulbs with flood lights; remove florescent / energy saving bulbs
- Hide trash cans. Dispose of trash, broken furniture, small pots or planters, and extra building materials
- Invest in a new door mat
- Walk across the street and look at your house from a distance. Can you visualize the product you are selling? Is the yard cleaned, pruned, and tidy?
- Organize your closets
- Organize your garage. An organized house appears well cared for.
- Remove over-sized furniture to prevent an overcrowded feel.
- Paint and touch up everywhere necessary
- New furniture and accessories are the best way to provide a chic, modern atmosphere
- Avoid showing empty rooms; empty rooms look smaller.
- Furniture that hugs the walls creates wasted space in the center of the room, minimizing the perception of square footage
- Worn furniture can turn buyers off
- Stage the room for the right purpose. Ex: Don't present a dining room as a home office.
Be assured, you will reap the benefits of your efforts!